The Administrative Assistant will work out of NORDIK Institute’s office (at Algoma University – 1520 Queen Street East) providing support to a variety of projects and office needs. You will report directly to NORDIK’s Director of Operations, Dr. Elaine Ho-Tassone, and Director of Research, Dr. Tamanna Rimi. Mentorship opportunities are available and will be discussed with the successful candidate.
POSITION STATUS: 8 weeks
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to the Director of Operations Dr. Elaine Ho-Tassone, and Director of Research, Dr. Tamanna Rimi.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: N/A
SALARY: $17.00 hourly, 35 hours per week, for 8 weeks
LOCATION: Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be familiar with word processing and presentation applications (e.g., Microsoft Office suite) and videoconferencing applications (e.g., Google Meet, Zoom, Teams, and/or WebEx)
- Must be able to work independently to contribute to a dynamic team environment
- Must be a self-motivator/self-starter with time management skills
- Must be comfortable switching between various types of tasks and/or multitasking
- Must have a strong sense of discretion and integrity to maintain the confidentiality of the people and information we work with Must align with NORDIK Institute’s vision, mission, and objectives (https://nordikinstitute.com/about)
- Creation and management of websites, navigation of social media systems (facebook, twitter, etc) is an asset and is strongly preferred Demonstrated research experience is an asset and is strongly preferred
- Experience working in an office environment is an asset
Eligibility (per funder):
- Aged 15-30 years as of the start date
- Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada. International students are not eligible participants.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: May 31, 2023
START: June 12, 2023
To apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to Dr. Elaine Ho-Tassone at: email@example.com
For more information, click the link below: