Working under the supervision of the Waa-Naadmaaged (Shingwauk Site Search Coordinator), the Community Outreach Coordinator will oversee outreach and engagements with 85 Indigenous communities from which children were forced to attend Shingwauk Residential Schools, as well as Knowledge Keepers and Elders as appropriate. With a team of four facilitators, engagements will focus on the development and implementation of cultural and communications protocols that will guide the search, fieldwork and commemorative activities undertaken by Children of Shingwauk Alumni Association and its partners. Approximately 50% of staff time will be spent in First Nation communities.
Position Status: Full Time, 1 year contract with potential to renew.
Location: Operations based in Sault Ste. Marie with hybrid option. Travel required.
Salary: $70,000.00 per annum
Reports to: Waa-Naadmaaged, Shingwauk Site Search Coordinator
- Lived experience, College Diploma or Bachelor of Arts
- Lived experience with Indigenous communities and survivors of residential school and their intergenerational impacts
- Previous experience with community engagement or facilitation
- Previous supervisory experience
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Ability to travel
- G-level Driver’s License
Closing Date: May 26, 2022.
Start Date: As soon as possible
For more information, click the link below: