NORDIK Institute is hiring a Director of Operations who will be responsible for the day to day operations of NORDIK Institute, a not for profit, community based research institute affiliated with Algoma University. Duties include financial and human resources management; governance and oversight; community relations; and project support.
NOTE: The deadline for applying to this position has been extended to May 6, 2022.
Position Status: Permanent, full time
Location: Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario
The Director of Operations will have 3-5 years progressively responsible experience, preferably in a not-for-profit organization, and substantial familiarity with community-based research and financial and human resource management. Experience in student or volunteer management would be highly desirable. Specifically:
- Financial management skills, normally associated with a MBA or several years’ experience developing and managing budgets and financial records
- Superior human resource management skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and at least 3 years of experience with not-for-profit management; community based research; and student and/or volunteer coordination
- Demonstrated knowledge of Indigenous communities, cultures, and histories, with a commitment to justice for Indigenous peoples
- University degree in Business, Community Development/CESD or related field, preferably at Master’s level
- 3-5 years experience in a progressively responsible management position, preferably in a not-for-profit setting
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail, interpersonal, and communication skills (in-person/virtual)
- Ability to take initiative and work with limited supervision
- Competence in G Suite and/or demonstrated a high degree of competence in Microsoft Office Suite or Apple applications
- Class G License required
- Bi/Multilingualism is an asset
Closing Date: May 6, 2022.
Start Date: As soon as possible
For more information, click the link below: