Under the direction of Dr. Pedro Antunes, the Research Assistant will be responsible for a variety of research duties.
Position Status: 8 Week Contract – Summer Student
- Conduct primary and/or secondary research related to plant and soil ecology
- Assist in keeping the laboratory organized and functional;
- Assist in ordering materials and repair requests as needed;
- Assist in the set-up and maintenance of field and greenhouse experiments;
- Assist in maintaining records and undertaking data entry and analysis (training provided);
- Participate in training activities;
- Attend laboratory and NORDIK meetings.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Familiarity with computer word processing and data-entry applications;
- An interest in learning laboratory techniques and/or growing plants.
To be eligible to participate in the Canada Summer Jobs initiative, individuals must:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- Be Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and,
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Closing Date: May 20, 2022
Start Date: May 30, 2022
This employment opportunity was made possible with the generous support of the Government of Canada through the Canada Summer Jobs program.
For more information, click the link below: